Sunday, September 9, 2007

atoning for my sins

A few weeks ago - i felt the gnawing sensation that I have begun to associate with my craving for blogging.. and thru the ensuing hectic weeks it receded to a dull pain somewhere - constantly reminding me that i needed an outlet..

anyway, here I am, back to living my very erratic online existence (yes Bharat, erratic with an 'a' is also a word).. just that I dont know where to start from..

Pauline once told me that you should not change > 2 major things in life at the same time.. and I think I may have done 1 too many.. so here go the big changes..

a) Spunky is here .. finally - after more than two years of living away from each other, we've landed up in not just the same city - but the same company too! I warned her about the latter.. but u know the young of today..

Ive got a few hundred questions about how it is this far, and my answer remains the same.. i dont know! it still feels like a holiday and we really dont know how couples who live in the same city feel like.. talk about getting used to long distance relationships!

b) We've moved to a new house.. still not gotten over the loss of the simply awesome elmira heights.. a overall downgrade in the face of fast rising rental rates, but still pretty decent. The best thing about this place is the convenience, its right at the office junction which reduces my need to travel to a max of 500 m.

The huge downside is the state at which the house is right now, paint peeling off, leaky bath tubs, 15 inch tv, doors that scare you with thier creaking and need to shut by themselves.

c) Ive changed roles.. From a time where i worked with a team of 10 non-indians to now where I have only Indians to work with. And boy! is it different .. almost like a flip or whats imp and whats not..

The role is fantastic, so are the people.. and oh! i still have to do the crappy work, but still, its no Herbal Essences Australia..

anyway, a combination of all of this has me gasping for breath - taking its toll of items such as blogging etc etc..

feels good to be back.. cheers!

5 comments:

unpredictable said...

:) Good to have u back dude!!! And congrats on having ur lady here finally :) Am sure its been a tough 2 years so far ... good times lie ahead for sure :)

Anonymous said...

:) temme about it

(i mean the not-so-long-distance relationship anymore bit, not the house bit...coz my place is ROCKIIIIIING as is Shakira's behind! (Divya, Vidya, Rupeeeee - glory be to you :)))

srikant said...

And im still waiting for a blog, where u dont take a dig at anyone! Poor B! :p

And i know what u mean by getting used to long distance relationships :-) more offline..

Faiz said...

unrelated comment - Bluddy whenever I read that 'beaten' on your profile I'm reminded of eggs and cake .. :(

Anonymous said...

Credit you for another faithful article. Where else could anyone get that charitable of advice in such a complete sense of writing? I be enduring a show next week, and I am on the look representing such information.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]